Board of Education Elections
Interested in becoming a Board Member? Please click on Board Petition. This gives you the information needed to submit a petition to run for the Board of Education.
Board PetitionThe Board Petition packet was just recently updated. You only need to get 25 signatures of qualified voters in the District. If you got the petition packet early and got 31 signatures. This does not void your petition. Please turn in your packet by Monday, April 19 5pm.
DEADLINE FOR FILING NOMINATING PETITIONS
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that petitions for nominating candidates for office must be filed in the District Clerk’s office by 5:00 p.m. on April 19, 2021.
- Be able to read and write.
- Be a qualified voter of the District. A qualified voter of the District is a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Be and have been a resident of the District for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- Have not been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- Not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- Not be a current employee of the school board.
- Not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
If you have any questions please contact:
Sharene Benedict, District Clerk
585-554-4848 ext. 1805
Four County School Boards Assoc-Prospective School Board Member -virtual seminar Saturday, March 13 9am to Noon