Registration of Students
Central Registrar: Gil JacksonMarcus Whitman High School
4100 Baldwin Rd.
Rushville, NY 14544
Office: (585) 554-6441 ext 1444
Fax: (585) 554-5201
The following steps are outlined to assist parents and/or guardians who wish to enroll students in the school district. Our school district uses a central registration process, so all students, regardless of grade level, register by setting up an appointment and meeting with Gil Jackson at the Marcus Whitman High School, 4100 Baldwin Rd., Rushville, NY 14544.
How do I register my student?
1. You may obtain an official registration packet via from the appropriate school building office. The packets are grade specific. The packets provide all the necessary forms and outlines the documentation that is required.
2. Contact the Central Registrar, Gil Jackson, at (585) 554-6441 ext 1444 to schedule an appointment or, stop in to the High School Main Office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. It's best to make an appointment in advance. You will be required to provide documentation when registering your student. See Registration Requirements below.
3. After completing the initial registration forms, the school building in which your child will be enrolled will request records from the previous school. Once records are received, the school will contact you and provide you with a start date for your child.
You must provide the following documents before we can register your student:
1. One form of Documentary Evidence to prove the age of the student.
- Birth Certificate
- Record of Baptism
- State/Government Issued ID
- Driver's License
- Military Dependent ID Card
- Other Valid Form of Age Documentation
2. Proof of Residency**
- Driver's License with In-District address AND at least one of the following:
- Current utility bill or telephone bill
- Deed/Lease/Rental agreement
- Tax bill for residence
- Pay stub
- State/Government Issued ID
- Voter Registration Document
- Other Valid Residency Document
3. Record of Immunizations - NY School Immunization requirements
4. Copy of most recent physical (must have been within 12 months of school start date)
5. Copy of Dental Health Certificate (must have been within 12 months of school start date) (This is recommended)
6. Custody or Guardianship paperwork if you have sole or joint custody of your child
** Note on Residency - We will only register students who have shown proper residency paperwork and are valid inhabitants in the Marcus Whitman School District boundaries. We will follow-up on all students when we feel there is a residency issue. If registration documents were falsified with regard to residency, we reserve the right to collect tuition for non-resident students.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to provide all of the required documents?
How soon before my students begin school?
Who can register a student?
My former spouse and I share custody of our child. Can I register him/her?
Can I register my child at the building in which he/she will be placed?
No. We use a central registration process in which parents register their student with the Central Registrar, located at the High School, regardless of grade level or age. Once the required paperwork is completed, the building in which the child will attend will contact you to complete the registration process.
How do I change my phone number or address?