Before students can start school in our district, we will need you to complete the registration process. Once you have completed the necessary forms in our registration packet and collected the documentation needed, please call to schedule an appointment to review the information and get you into our system. Following that, we will reach out to your last school to gather information to build a schedule. We will be in contact once that is done to set up a start date and get you ready for starting school!
*For the new easy paperless version email firstname.lastname@example.org to recieve your personalized link, or click below for the pdf versions*
- Parent or guardian’s identification – driver’s license, passport, or any other state/gov’t issued ID
- Proof of Birth - birth certificate, driver’s permit/license, or any other state/gov’t issued paperwork
- Proof of Residency
o Parent Guardian driver’s license or any other state/gov’t issued ID with address listed
o Current utility bill, pay stub or income tax form with address listed
o Deed, lease or rental agreement
- Any relevant legal paperwork – custody, court documents, parental designee or guardianship papers
- Please know that students must have a recent physical to attend school. Providing a copy of that physical and immunization records can help with the registration process. The most recent physical must have been within 12 months of school start date.
- Any other information you can provide will speed up the enrollment process. These would include recent academic documents like the student’s last report card, recent schedule, IEP or 504 plan.
*To complete the registration process and start attending school, all paperwork must be on file with the school.
To make an appointment to register or if you have any questions, please contact
Do I need to provide all of the required documents?
Yes. You must provide all of the documents listed above, per our Board of Education Policy, to register your student.
How soon before my students begin school?
After all registration requirements are in place, (forms, proofs of residency, custody, etc.), your child's school building will request records from the student's previous school. The school will then work to place him/her in a class or, develop a schedule for him/her. You will be contacted with a start date or if additional information is required. If the previous school records are sent along quickly, the student is usually enrolled within a couple days.
Who can register a student?
Only the child's parent or legal guardian can register a student. Relatives can register a student only when that relative has legal custody of the child.
My former spouse and I share custody of our child. Can I register him/her?
The parent/guardian with primary custody of the child must register the child. Additionally, the parent with primary custody must maintain their primary residence within the Marcus Whitman School District boundaries. The child must spend the majority of the school year with that parent/guardian.
Can I register my child at the building in which he/she will be placed?
No. We use a central registration process in which parents register their student with the Central Registrar, located at the High School, regardless of grade level or age. Once the required paperwork is completed, the building in which the child will attend will contact you to complete the registration process.
How do I change my phone number or address?
You can contact the Central Registrar at (585) 554-6441 ext 1444 to make any changes to your child's registration information.