Marcus Whitman Central School ECO Program Summary 2023-2024; Our Twenty-seventh Year!
- ECO will be celebrating its 27th year in 2023-2024 and has served over 734 students!
- ECO provides a comprehensive, rigorous, relevant curriculum that is environmentally focused and experientially based.
- ECO's curriculum themes include outdoor recreation, watershed study, field and forest/flora and fauna, environmental issues, business enterprise, service, and community.
- ECO participants are selected by an applicant lottery.
- ECO has a diverse student population that promotes social interaction and personal growth for students.
- ECO offers students a positive learning and social environment and successfully prepares them for later grades.
- The ECO opportunity encourages positive home-school relationships to develop.
- Opportunities for family participation are provided through six “whole-school” evening meetings per year, parent-student-teacher conferences, and parental participation in other activities if desired.
- ECO’s small, team-based, home classroom-based, instructional setting encourages student growth through commitment by teachers that emphasizes “engagement and responsibility.”
- ECO provides parents and students the opportunity to have an active choice in the child’s public school education.
- ECO is doing what the charter school movement is proposing to accomplish: 1) provides school choice; 2) provides an alternative instructional model; 3) encourages professional challenge and accountability.
For more information, please contact:
Malcolm MacKenzie or Samantha Wolf
MWCS ECO Program
Marcus Whitman Middle School
4100 Baldwin Rd.
Rushville, NY 14544
585-554-6442 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com